For many people, the COVID pandemic has changed the working world as we knew it. Remote work is in high demand and many people are seeking it for the first time. It can be a challenge to know how to find a remote or flexible role, and how to be a successful remote worker.
That’s why we’re thrilled to partner with award-winning podcaster, author, and world-wide presenter, Lisette Sutherland, of Collaboration Superpowers, to provide tips and resources about navigating the “new normal” work-landscape that we find ourselves in.
What You’ll Learn
- How to find a remote job and avoid scams
- How to figure out your transferable and remote-friendly skills
- How to identify remote opportunities that would be a good fit
- Common pitfalls of remote workers and how to avoid them
- Effective communication strategies for remote workers
- Hybrid work strategies for success
Can’t attend the live event? Register anyway and after the webinar, you’ll automatically receive a link to view the recording!
- Who: Anyone interested in landing a remote role and succeeding as a remote worker
- What: A webinar to learn about the new era of remote and flexible work
- When: Tuesday, September 29, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. ET
- Where: The Zoom webinar platform (register now to save your spot!)
- Why: To learn from an award-winning author and remote work expert.
About Our Webinar Presenters
Lisette is a remote-working German-born American living in the Netherlands who is totally jazzed by the fact that it’s possible to work from anywhere. In fact, it’s not just possible; it’s completely, productively workable—if you do it right. Lisette has given presentations at a wide range of events, from conferences and Meetups all over the world to a TEDx talk in Kaunas, Lithuania. Her Work Together Anywhere Workshop is designed to help organizations become “remote first”: the ability to work together online when necessary.
Participants learn how to align, communicate, collaborate, and have fun online! The Work Together Anywhere Handbook offers the first complete guide to the best systems and practices for remote workers, managers, and teams of any size. And her award-winning podcast features interviews with people and companies doing great things remotely.
Brie Weiler Reynolds is the Career Development Manager and a career coach and resume writer at FlexJobs, the award-winning site for remote, flexible schedule, and freelance job listings. She provides practical information and resources to help people overcome their roadblocks and discover career happiness. Brie has a background in human resources and career advising, 15 years of experience working with job seekers and employers, and is a certified resume writer. She offers career, hiring, and work-life balance advice through the FlexJobs Blog and media outlets like Fast Company, Forbes, and NBC News. Find Brie on Twitter, @briewreynolds.