Capital One is probably best known for its credit cards, but the McLean, Virginia-based financial company also owns Capital One Bank, which operates branches in several states, mainly on the East Coast. If you open an account with Capital One or do business with someone who banks there, you’ll need to know your routing number to complete direct deposits, wire transfers and other transactions.
If you know where to look you can find your bank routing number in seconds. Otherwise, keep reading to learn more. Here are the routing numbers for Capital One:
|Capital One Routing Numbers|
|Capital One Bank (USA), N.A.||051405515|
|Capital One, N.A.||056073502|
What Is a Routing Number?
A routing number, also known as a bank transit number or ABA number, is a nine-digit code assigned by the Federal Reserve that’s used to identify banks in financial transactions. Smaller banks or those that only exist online typically have just one routing number, but large national banks might have dozens of routing numbers. You’ll need your Capital One routing number to transfer funds electronically.
Full-Service Menu and No Fees: Capital One 360 Bank Review
Understanding Your Capital One Routing Number
To get a better understanding of your Capital One routing number you’ll need to examine each of its three sections. The first section is four digits long and represents the Federal Reserve Processing Symbol, with digits one and two identifying which of the 12 Federal Reserve Districts the financial institution resides in. For example, if you see 02, you’ll know the bank is located in the New York District. An 11 would indicate the company is in the Dallas District. Digits three and four identify the regional processing center and its location.
The next four digits identify the bank, such as Capital One. The final digit is called the “check digit” because it’s used to validate the routing number.
Different Routing Numbers for Wire Transfers
Most financial institutions use a separate routing number for their wire transfers. For example, the Capital One Bank wire transfer routing number is 051405515, whereas the number for the parent company’s other subsidiary, Capital One N.A., is 056073612. If you need to send an international wire transfer, you’ll need to provide the company’s SWIFT Code. This code is made up of both letters and numbers and can be as little as eight or as many as 11 characters. Capital One’s SWIFT Code is HIBKUS44.
Here’s a quick rundown of different wire numbers at Capital One:
|Capital One Wire Routing Numbers|
|Capital One Bank||051405515|
|Capital One N.A.||056073612|
Learn: How To Wire Money
Where To Find Your Capital One Routing Number
You can find your routing number in the bottom left-hand corner of your Capital One check. It will be the first set of numbers, followed by your account number and the individual check number. If your checks come with deposit slips, you’ll notice the routing number is on them as well.
If you don’t have any checks or deposit slips handy, you can always call Capital One customer service to get your routing number. For non-branch accounts, call 888-810-4013. For retail branch accounts, call 800-655-2265.
More on Capital One
- Capital One Review: Is It the Right Bank for You?
- Newest Capital One Promotions: Best Offers, Coupons and Bonuses
- How To Open a Capital One Account
- Capital One Interest Rates: How To Get the Bank’s Best Rates
- What Are Capital One’s Hours?
- How To Find and Use Your Capital One Login
More Routing Numbers
- Alaska USA Routing Number
- Alliant Credit Union Routing Number
- Ally Bank Routing Number
- America First Routing Number
- Axos Bank Routing Number
- Bank of America Routing Number
- Bank Of The West Routing Number
- BB&T Routing Number
- BECU Routing Number
- BMO Harris Routing Number
- Charles Schwab Routing Number
- Chase Bank Routing Number
- Citibank Routing Number
- Citizens Bank Routing Number
- Commerce Bank Routing Number
- DCU Routing Number
- Fidelity Routing Number
- Fifth Third Routing Number
- FirstBank Routing Number
- First Citizens Bank Routing Number
- GECU Routing Number
- Golden 1 Credit Union Routing Number
- HSBC Routing Number
- Huntington Bank Routing Number
- Keybank Routing Number
- MACU Routing Number
- MCU Routing Number
- M&T Bank Routing Number
- Navy Federal Routing Number
- PenFed Routing Number
- People’s United Bank Routing Number
- PNC Bank Routing Number
- RBFCU Routing Number
- Regions Bank Routing Number
- Santander Routing Number
- SunTrust Routing Number
- TD Bank Routing Number
- TIAA Bank Routing Number
- UCCU Routing Number
- UFCU Routing Number
- Umpqua Bank Routing Number
- Union Bank Routing Number
- US Bank Routing Number
- USAA Routing Number
- Vystar Routing Number
- Wells Fargo Routing Number
- Webster Bank Routing Number
- Woodforest Routing Number
- Zions Bank Routing Number